Nov 26, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
THIS WEEK’S DEBATE: WHICH NL EAST RIVAL SHOULD THE NATS WORRY ABOUT MOST IN 2015? MARK ZUCKERMAN: We have to begin by pointing out the Nationals won the NL East by 17 games this season, and none of the four other clubs won more than 79 games. So the gap between the defending champs and…
Sep 17, 2014, 1:11 PM EST
We take a look at the Nationals’ past week, at a glance… Record: 5-2 Team slash: .253/.333/.407 Team ERA: 2.18 Runs per game: 4.42 STOCK UP Matt Williams, Manager This is a little unorthodox of a selection, but since the Nationals clinched the NL East Tuesday night you almost have to take a step back and credit the manager.…
Sep 16, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
Updated at 11:55 p.m. ATLANTA — It wasn’t supposed to be this easy. Sure, the Nationals entered 2014 as consensus favorites to win the NL East on the heels of a disappointing, 86-win season. But most teams don’t just run away with a division title, certainly not when they’re deadlocked with their chief rivals as…
Feb 12, 2014, 7:36 PM EST
Hello and happy Spring Training Eve, everyone. It’s hard to believe we’re just hours from Nats pitchers and catchers reporting in Viera, Fla. After a long offseason – and despite almost a foot of snow in the forecast – the end of winter is finally near. With that in mind, it’s time for the final…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign Tony Gwynn Jr. to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery