Nov 7, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will no longer participate in Major League Baseball’s Japan Series showcase next week, as the final roster was announced on Friday. Relief pitcher Jerry Blevins will instead go to represent the Nationals. Harper was part of an original group announced in late September. Albert Pujols and Adam Jones also dropped out in the…
Oct 9, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
NLDS GAME 5: PITTSBURGH PIRATES (2-2) vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (2-2) Series: Tied 2-2 Where: Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO Gametime: 8:00 p.m. TV: TBS Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, wind 5 mph Starting pitchers: PIT – Gerrit Cole (1-0, 1.50) / STL – Adam Wainwright (1-0, 1.29) The 2013 MLB Playoffs have been thrilling so far and the next 48 hours have…
Oct 7, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
ALDS GAME 3: OAKLAND ATHLETICS (1-1) vs. DETROIT TIGERS (1-1) Series: Tied at 1-1 Where: Comerica Park, Detrioit, MI Gametime: 1:00 p.m. TV: MLBN Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Cloudy, 58 degrees, wind 20 mph Starting pitchers: OAK – Jarrod Parker (12-8, 3.97) / DET – Anibal Sanchez (14-8, 2.57) Game 2 on Saturday featured the best finish of the 2013 playoffs so…
Oct 1, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
CINCINNATI REDS (90-72) vs. PITTSBURGH PIRATES (94-68) Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pa. Gametime: 8:07 p.m. TV: TBS Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Partly cloudy, 70 degrees, wind 6 mph Starting pitchers: CIN – Johnny Cueto (5-2, 2.82) / PIT – Francisco Liriano (16-8, 3.02) It’s the first of October and time for playoff baseball, how…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job