Dec 1, 2013, 12:56 PM EST
Age on Opening Day 2014: 23 How acquired: Draft (3rd round), June 2011 Position: Starting pitcher Prospect Rank: N/A 2013 Team/Level: Hagerstown Suns (Single-A), Potomac Nationals (Single-A), Mesa Solar Sox (AFL) 2013 Stats: 18 G, 6-4, 3.80 ERA, 90.0 IP, 92 H, 45 R, 38 ER, 6 HR, 25 BB, 82 SO, 5 HBP, 10 WP, 1.300 WHIP (two teams) AFL…
Nov 29, 2013, 10:42 AM EST
Age on Opening Day 2014: 25 How acquired: Draft (2nd round), June 2010 Position: Pitcher Prospect Rank: No. 6 in Nats’ org. (Baseball America) 2013 Team/Level: Potomac Nationals (Single-A), Gulf Coast Nationals (Rookie), Mesa Solar Sox (AFL) 2013 Stats: 14 G, 13 GS, 2-1, 3.32 ERA, 59.2 IP, 59 H, 23 R, 22 ER, 3 HR, 19 BB, 43 SO, 3…
Oct 22, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
A new wave of young Nats pitching prospects is on display in the Arizona Fall League, and the early returns from two players in particular are very good. Sammy Solis and Matt Purke, both left-handers drafted recently by the Nats, are off to strong starts with the Mesa Solar Sox. Solis is 3-0 through three…
Sep 5, 2013, 4:05 PM EST
Syracuse Chiefs (66-78, 11th in International League) Best Hitter: SS Zach Walters (.253 BA, 29 HR, 77 RBI, 69 R) Best Pitcher: RHP Tanner Roark (9-3, 3.15 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 105.2 IP) Biggest Surprise: RHP Caleb Clay (5-2, 2.49 ERA, 51 SO, 83.0 IP) Zach Walters could double as the biggest surprise out of the…
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'