Mar 4, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Rick Ankiel always figured he would stay in baseball once his playing career was done. Not necessarily as an on-field coach, though, but rather as something of an off-field coach, someone who could help the next generation of players deal with all the mental challenges the game presents. So when the idea…
Jan 8, 2015, 1:01 PM EDT
The Nationals’ 2015 minor-league coaching staff includes plenty of familiar faces returning to their old positions, a few familiar faces taking on new roles and a very familiar face returning to the organization to hold a brand-new job. Rick Ankiel, the one-time Cardinals pitching phenom who resurrected his career as an outfielder and spent two…
Mar 5, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Former Nats outfielder Rick Ankiel is officially retiring, as the 34-year-old converted pitcher will now look to join a MLB front office in the near future. Ankiel came up in the big leagues as a starting pitcher with the St. Louis Cardinals, but became an outfielder at the age of 27 after losing complete command…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper