Dec 28, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
As we count down the final days of 2013, we are counting down the 10 most significant moments of the year for the Nationals. These aren’t necessarily positive (or negative) moments, and some didn’t even take place on the field. All, though, were significant in the big picture and defined the Nationals’ year. We continue…
Nov 25, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Age on Opening Day 2014: 19 How acquired: Draft (1st round), June 2012 Position: Starting pitcher Prospect Rank: No. 1 in Nats’ org. (Baseball America) 2013 Team/Level: GCL Nationals (Rookie), Auburn Doubledays (Short-Season A) 2013 Stats: 2-1, 11 G, 1.96 ERA, 36.2 IP, 28 H, 9 R, 8 ER, HR, 14 BB, 39 SO, 2 HBP,…
Nov 5, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Fired on July 22 from his job as hitting coach for the Washington Nationals, Rick Eckstein has finally landed on his feet, taking a position with the L.A. Angels of Anaheim. Eckstein will help the Angels as an assistant hitting coach, but will also have advance scouting duties. FoxSports.com first reported the news. Eckstein was…
Sep 10, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
NEW YORK — In the past, Denard Span might have shunned any questions about a hot streak of his at the plate. But the way this season has gone for the Nationals center fielder, he figures why not embrace the positive and fully acknowledge the fact he entered Tuesday night’s game on a career-best, 20-game…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times