Dec 28, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
As we count down the final days of 2013, we are counting down the 10 most significant moments of the year for the Nationals. These aren’t necessarily positive (or negative) moments, and some didn’t even take place on the field. All, though, were significant in the big picture and defined the Nationals’ year. We continue…
Nov 25, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Age on Opening Day 2014: 19 How acquired: Draft (1st round), June 2012 Position: Starting pitcher Prospect Rank: No. 1 in Nats’ org. (Baseball America) 2013 Team/Level: GCL Nationals (Rookie), Auburn Doubledays (Short-Season A) 2013 Stats: 2-1, 11 G, 1.96 ERA, 36.2 IP, 28 H, 9 R, 8 ER, HR, 14 BB, 39 SO, 2 HBP,…
Nov 5, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Fired on July 22 from his job as hitting coach for the Washington Nationals, Rick Eckstein has finally landed on his feet, taking a position with the L.A. Angels of Anaheim. Eckstein will help the Angels as an assistant hitting coach, but will also have advance scouting duties. FoxSports.com first reported the news. Eckstein was…
Sep 10, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
NEW YORK — In the past, Denard Span might have shunned any questions about a hot streak of his at the plate. But the way this season has gone for the Nationals center fielder, he figures why not embrace the positive and fully acknowledge the fact he entered Tuesday night’s game on a career-best, 20-game…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'