Dec 17, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
Since Mike Rizzo took over as Nationals general manager in 2009, he’s found quite the trade partner in Billy Beane of the Oakland Athletics. Since late 2010, the two have orchestrated seven different trades, sometimes sending the same players back and forth in separate deals. Rizzo and Beane clearly enjoy doing business with each other,…
Nov 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EST
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo conducted a thorough search to replace Davey Johnson in the Nats’ dugout, and in the end went with a man he has a long history with. In comes Matt Williams who has been on Rizzo’s radar for years as a potential skipper. Mark caught up with Rizzo at last Friday’s…
Nov 1, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
[Watch the Nationals introduce Matt Williams live at 2 p.m. on CSN] Matt Williams is set to be introduced as the Nationals manager on Friday afternoon, his first official day on the job. What lies ahead for him would be a monumental challenge for any manager – expectations to compete for a World Series – much less one…
Oct 10, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
Mike Rizzo has stated the Nationals’ number one priority this offseason is hiring a new manager for 2014. There are internal candidates, external candidates, some with decades of experience, and some with none at all. Which direction will Rizzo choose? In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discussed the Nats’ managerial race ,…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'