Sep 2, 2013, 6:33 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — Roger Bernadina never wanted to leave the Nationals, the organization that signed him as a teenager and retained him for 12 years. But the outfielder understood why Washington released him two weeks ago and has embraced his new affiliation with the Phillies. “Of course you want to be in the organization. Of course…
Sep 2, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — Hello from Citizens Bank Park, where it was raining a short while ago (hence the tarp covering the infield in the accompanying photo) but has since cleared up. There is a slight chance of more rain later tonight, which at this point should come as no surprise because Stephen Strasburg is on the…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week