Jun 12, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
After three impressive wins against the Giants, the Nationals enter Thursday looking for the rare four-game sweep. In order to do so, however, they’ll have to overcome their unfortunate history against Giants starter Tim Hudson (6-2, 1.97). As a member of the Braves for nine years, Hudson dominated the Nationals. He has faced them 29 times…
Nov 23, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
Yunesky Maya’s time with the Washington Nationals has finally come to an end. The team released the Cuban pitcher on Saturday after four years in the organization. Matt Eddy of Baseball America first reported the news. Maya pitched one game for the Nats in 2013 before being designated for assignment. He was called up because…
Nov 8, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
Denard Span may have missed out on the coveted Gold Glove award for National League center fielders, but he has been given somewhat of a consolation prize. Span was named the Wilson defensive player of the year award for the Washington Nationals from Wilson sporting goods. The award signifies Span as the Nationals’ most valuable…
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?