Apr 15, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
Last week after the Nationals swept the Marlins before heading to Atlanta, we at CSN pointed out a coincidental parallel between this season and last. The Nats entered their series with the Braves with the exact same record (then 7-2) as they did in 2013 before getting swept by their rivals. And then the Braves…
Mar 26, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — The Nationals optioned utilityman Jeff Kobernus to Class AAA Syracuse and catcher Sandy Leon to Class AA Harrisburg this evening, moves that in turn finalized their Opening Day roster of position players. Today’s signing of veteran infielder Kevin Frandsen was the last piece of the puzzle, leaving no available spots…
Mar 26, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Matt Williams hinted yesterday morning that he planned to make some cuts after the day’s exhibition game against the Mets. Little could anyone have guessed just how many cuts the Nationals manager would make, nor how surprising some of the moves (and their domino effects) would be. Having had some time now…
Dec 9, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Conventional wisdom, entering the Winter Meetings, suggested the Nationals were in the market for a veteran backup catcher, someone who could be a reliable No. 2 behind Wilson Ramos. Mike Rizzo, though, appeared to quash that line of thinking on Monday, saying he believes Ramos can start 125 or more…
Sep 1, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
[Updated 6:35 p.m.] The Washington Nationals began expanding their roster with September call-ups on Sunday, promoting pitchers Erik Davis and Ian Krol from Triple-A Syracuse, as well as catcher Sandy Leon from Double-A Harrisburg. The Nats are expected to call up more players in the coming days as both the Chiefs’ and Senators’ schedules end…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels