Nov 21, 2015, 6:00 AM EST
The Nationals’ bullpen may have been their biggest weakness in 2015, but it hasn’t always been that way. In 2012, when they led the majors with 98 wins and won the NL East, it was one of their biggest strengths. They had balance, depth and firepower top to bottom in what amounted to one of…
Nov 16, 2015, 4:54 PM EST
Veterans Reed Johnson and Sean Burnett, whose careers have been derailed by injuries, will get another shot with the Nationals in 2016 after agreeing Monday to minor-league contracts. Johnson played for the Nationals this season, though he missed five months with a torn tendon in his foot. Burnett last pitched in Washington in 2012 but…
Jan 30, 2015, 2:36 PM EST
2014 record: 98-64, 1st place in AL West Manager: Mike Scioscia, 16th season Estimated 2015 payroll: $148 million Key additions: DH Matt Joyce, 2B Josh Rutledge, LHP Andrew Heaney, RP Ryan Mattheus Key losses: 2B Howie Kendrick, RP Sean Burnett, RP Jason Grilli Projected lineup RF Kole Calhoun DH Matt Joyce CF Mike Trout 1B Albert Pujols LF Josh Hamilton 3B David Freese…
Sep 19, 2013, 6:34 PM EST
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo doesn’t speak with the media often, but when he does it’s always a good opportunity to get a read on the franchise barometer. As the guy who makes roster decisions, he’s always evaluating and always looking ahead to the future. Rizzo has been pleased with the Nationals’ run over the…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?