Nov 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is under construction in Southeast Washington, D.C. and is expected to open in January 2014. This week the Nationals invited media to the site in Fort Dupont Park to see how it is progressing. CSN sent a camera to get footage of the fields, and also to sit down…
Oct 9, 2013, 11:01 AM EST
As the Nationals look towards 2014, they will likely opt for more experience off their bench and hopefully bring with that more depth in case of injury. In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discuss whether the Nats should look at a familiar name to fill that role, free agent Michael Morse. Morse…
Oct 7, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
It’s been a week since the Nationals’ season ended, giving Mark and I some time to think about the year that was. 86 wins was not enough for the Nats to make the playoffs, and was nowhere near what many expected this team to accomplish in 2013. So, why exactly did they underachieve? In this…
Sep 27, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
With their entire starting lineup under contract for next season, the Nationals are unlikely to do any major overhauls to their roster this winter. They do, however, have several areas that need improvement and will surely make at least some changes. On Thursday’s Baseball Show, Mark, Jim Duquette and Rob Carlin looked ahead to this…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action