Nov 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is under construction in Southeast Washington, D.C. and is expected to open in January 2014. This week the Nationals invited media to the site in Fort Dupont Park to see how it is progressing. CSN sent a camera to get footage of the fields, and also to sit down…
Oct 9, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
As the Nationals look towards 2014, they will likely opt for more experience off their bench and hopefully bring with that more depth in case of injury. In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discuss whether the Nats should look at a familiar name to fill that role, free agent Michael Morse. Morse…
Oct 7, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
It’s been a week since the Nationals’ season ended, giving Mark and I some time to think about the year that was. 86 wins was not enough for the Nats to make the playoffs, and was nowhere near what many expected this team to accomplish in 2013. So, why exactly did they underachieve? In this…
Sep 27, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
With their entire starting lineup under contract for next season, the Nationals are unlikely to do any major overhauls to their roster this winter. They do, however, have several areas that need improvement and will surely make at least some changes. On Thursday’s Baseball Show, Mark, Jim Duquette and Rob Carlin looked ahead to this…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away