Sep 26, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
GAME IN A NUTSHELL: For the first time in 160 games this season, the Nationals took the field with absolutely nothing at stake, at least from a team standpoint, after clinching home-field advantage through the NLCS earlier in the afternoon. So manager Matt Williams used almost exclusively backups in the nightcap of his team’s second…
Sep 26, 2014, 6:38 PM EST
They’ve locked up home-field advantage through the NLCS. So, there really isn’t much of anything left for the Nationals to play for in the final three games of the regular season. Manager Matt Williams does still plan to play his regulars Saturday and Sunday (perhaps pulling them early after five or six innings) but for…
Aug 22, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of positives to talk about regarding the Nationals. After all, they are in the middle of a 10-game winning streak, tied for their best stretch since the franchise moved to Washington. This week Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests: Nationals…
Aug 11, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
The promotion of several Nationals’ top prospects came early this season due to injuries, as both Michael Taylor and Steven Souza were each brought up this month. Both were in line for September call-ups before arriving in D.C., but circumstances at the major league level accelerated the Nationals’ plans. Taylor and Souza are just the…
Jun 25, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
The Nationals announced four roster moves on Wednesday afternoon, including the release of oft-injured pitcher Christian Garcia and the call-up of right-hander Taylor Hill from Syracuse. In order to make room for Hill on the roster, the Nationals designated bench player Greg Dobbs for assignment. Second baseman Jeff Kobernus replaced Hill on the roster at…
Sep 5, 2013, 4:05 PM EST
Syracuse Chiefs (66-78, 11th in International League) Best Hitter: SS Zach Walters (.253 BA, 29 HR, 77 RBI, 69 R) Best Pitcher: RHP Tanner Roark (9-3, 3.15 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 105.2 IP) Biggest Surprise: RHP Caleb Clay (5-2, 2.49 ERA, 51 SO, 83.0 IP) Zach Walters could double as the biggest surprise out of the…
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal
- Scherzer signing shows Nats' continued growth as a franchise
- History with Rizzo, Williams gives Nats confidence in Scherzer