Apr 8, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
The Nationals opened the 2015 season with a club-record $163 million payroll, sixth-highest in Major League Baseball. The Associated Press, in its annual calculations of Opening Day salaries, pegged the Nationals’ exact payroll at $163,264,559. That figure includes the salaries and prorated bonuses given to everyone on the 25-man roster and major-league disabled list. The…
Jan 21, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
One could look at the Nationals’ signing of Max Scherzer and say the 2013 Cy Young-winner had 210 million reasons to choose the Nats over the other teams who had shown interest this offseason. For Scherzer himself, however, he says it’s not entirely about the money he will earn over the next 14 years. The…
Jan 21, 2015, 5:23 PM EDT
If the Nationals signing top free agent Max Scherzer to a free agent contract – along with the final contract numbers – came as a surprise, well, you weren’t alone. A common theme at Wednesday’s introductory press conference at Nationals Park was the element of surprise: how the Nats were able to sign a player…
Apr 15, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
On April 27 at Nationals Park before the Nats play the Padres, seven new members of the Washington, DC Sports Hall of Fame will be enshrined. The inductees will receive a commemorative plaque, and their names will be added to the Hall of Fame display right outside the stadium. Here is the 2014 class: Lefty…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away