Apr 25, 2015, 6:46 PM EDT
GAME IN A NUTSHELL: Losers of three straight, the Nationals knew they needed to string together some hits and plate more than a couple runs Saturday off Tom Koehler. That proved far more challenging than they could’ve anticipated, forcing Stephen Strasburg to be near-perfect to have a chance to win this game. Strasburg wasn’t perfect…
Jan 20, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
2013 record: 62-100, 5th place in NL East Manager: Mike Redmond, 2nd season Estimated 2014 payroll: $40 million Key additions: C Jarrod Saltalamaccia, 1B/OF Garrett Jones, IF Rafael Furcal, 3B Casey McGehee Key losses: 1B Logan Morrison, OF Justin Ruggiano, OF Chris Coghlan Projected lineup 2B Rafael Furcal LF Christian Yelich RF Giancarlo Stanton 1B Garrett Jones C Jarrod Saltalamacchia…
Sep 22, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
Let’s try this again. After last night’s rainout, the Nationals and Marlins will pick back up with a doubleheader today, this the last day the Nats play at home during the 2013 regular season. Because of the postponement, the Nationals adjusted their pitching assignments to have Dan Haren (9-13, 4.88) throw the first game and…
Sep 21, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
[The game has been postponed due to rain. They will play a doubleheader Sunday with 1:35 p.m. and 7:05 p.m. start times] After being scratched before his last two starts, Stephen Strasburg (7-9, 2.96) will give it a go tonight in what will likely be his second to last outing of the 2013 season. Rain…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL