Jun 11, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Seeking an experienced arm to bolster a bullpen that has been made over several times already this season, the Nationals on Thursday acquired right-hander David Carpenter from the Yankees in exchange for minor-league infielder Tony Renda. The Yankees had designated Carpenter for assignment last week after he posted a 4.82 ERA in 22 appearances, putting…
Oct 27, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Nationals prospect Tony Renda has been selected to play in the Arizona Fall League ‘Fall Stars’ showcase game on Nov. 1, the team announced on Monday. Renda – a 23-year-old second baseman – is currently playing with the Mesa Solar Sox, alongside other players from the Nationals’ system. Renda holds a .205 average with six…
Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Nationals have seven players participating in this year’s Arizona Fall League as members of the Mesa Solar Sox. The Solar Sox have played 15 games now, providing a decent sample size for an update on their progress. Here is a look at each Nats prospect’s time so far in Arizona: RHP Derek Self –…
Sep 5, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
Syracuse Chiefs (66-78, 11th in International League) Best Hitter: SS Zach Walters (.253 BA, 29 HR, 77 RBI, 69 R) Best Pitcher: RHP Tanner Roark (9-3, 3.15 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 105.2 IP) Biggest Surprise: RHP Caleb Clay (5-2, 2.49 ERA, 51 SO, 83.0 IP) Zach Walters could double as the biggest surprise out of the…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss