Oct 27, 2014, 3:33 PM EST
Nationals prospect Tony Renda has been selected to play in the Arizona Fall League ‘Fall Stars’ showcase game on Nov. 1, the team announced on Monday. Renda – a 23-year-old second baseman – is currently playing with the Mesa Solar Sox, alongside other players from the Nationals’ system. Renda holds a .205 average with six…
Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
The Nationals have seven players participating in this year’s Arizona Fall League as members of the Mesa Solar Sox. The Solar Sox have played 15 games now, providing a decent sample size for an update on their progress. Here is a look at each Nats prospect’s time so far in Arizona: RHP Derek Self –…
Sep 5, 2013, 4:05 PM EST
Syracuse Chiefs (66-78, 11th in International League) Best Hitter: SS Zach Walters (.253 BA, 29 HR, 77 RBI, 69 R) Best Pitcher: RHP Tanner Roark (9-3, 3.15 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 105.2 IP) Biggest Surprise: RHP Caleb Clay (5-2, 2.49 ERA, 51 SO, 83.0 IP) Zach Walters could double as the biggest surprise out of the…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park