Jun 11, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Seeking an experienced arm to bolster a bullpen that has been made over several times already this season, the Nationals on Thursday acquired right-hander David Carpenter from the Yankees in exchange for minor-league infielder Tony Renda. The Yankees had designated Carpenter for assignment last week after he posted a 4.82 ERA in 22 appearances, putting…
Oct 27, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Nationals prospect Tony Renda has been selected to play in the Arizona Fall League ‘Fall Stars’ showcase game on Nov. 1, the team announced on Monday. Renda – a 23-year-old second baseman – is currently playing with the Mesa Solar Sox, alongside other players from the Nationals’ system. Renda holds a .205 average with six…
Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Nationals have seven players participating in this year’s Arizona Fall League as members of the Mesa Solar Sox. The Solar Sox have played 15 games now, providing a decent sample size for an update on their progress. Here is a look at each Nats prospect’s time so far in Arizona: RHP Derek Self –…
Sep 5, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
Syracuse Chiefs (66-78, 11th in International League) Best Hitter: SS Zach Walters (.253 BA, 29 HR, 77 RBI, 69 R) Best Pitcher: RHP Tanner Roark (9-3, 3.15 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 105.2 IP) Biggest Surprise: RHP Caleb Clay (5-2, 2.49 ERA, 51 SO, 83.0 IP) Zach Walters could double as the biggest surprise out of the…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager