Dec 14, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
For Adam LaRoche and the 2013 USO Holiday Tour, it was years in the making. The Nationals first baseman always knew he wanted to travel overseas to support the troops, and seeing teammates Ross Detwiler and Craig Stammen embark on one last December sealed the deal. LaRoche talked with Detwiler and Stammen about their experience…
Nov 23, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
Yunesky Maya’s time with the Washington Nationals has finally come to an end. The team released the Cuban pitcher on Saturday after four years in the organization. Matt Eddy of Baseball America first reported the news. Maya pitched one game for the Nats in 2013 before being designated for assignment. He was called up because…
Oct 8, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Yesterday Mark and I looked at what went wrong with the Nationals, so now it’s time to look forward to next year. How can the Nats make sure what happened this season doesn’t happen again? We each have our own theories with what they will do, what areas they will try and improve, etc. And…
Sep 19, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
United States Marine Josh Wege was in the middle of physical therapy in 2010, a year after losing both of his legs from the knee down in Afghanistan, when a man walked by handing out information for a softball team. A group of fellow amputees in the military were being assembled for a charity squad,…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves