Feb 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — Space Coast Stadium is secure and all Nationals employees are safe after a situation involving a gunman at the Viera courthouse just down the street from the club’s spring training home. The incident was reported around 10 a.m. when a man with a gun was seen outside the Moore Justice…
Feb 14, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Once our camera man arrives this weekend in Viera, Fla., we should have tons of video content to share with you from Nats spring training. A CSN producer told me to expect one-on-one sitdowns with nearly every player on the Nationals’ roster, as well as Matt Williams and Mike Rizzo. We’ll also have updates from…
Feb 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
So you’ve decided to go to spring training. You already know how to watch Bryce Harper take live BP off Stephen Strasburg, but you don’t know how to get to Viera. Or where to stay once you’re there. Or where to eat. Or what to do when you’re not at Space Coast Stadium. Good news:…
Feb 6, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
As you can tell by the countdown clock to your right, we are now down to the final stretch of a long offseason. Nationals pitchers and catchers (not to mention yours truly) report to Viera in one week as baseball season officially begins. And, from what I gather, a good number of you plan to…
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record