Feb 9, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
2014 record: 90-72, 1st place in NL Central Manager: Mike Matheny, 4th season Estimated 2015 payroll: $121 million Key additions: OF Jason Heyward, RP Jordan Walden, INF Mark Reynolds, RP Matt Belisle Key losses: OF Oscar Taveras, SP Shelby Miller, C A.J. Pierzynski, 2B Daniel Descalso, SP Justin Masterson, RP Jason Motte Projected lineup 3B Matt…
Jan 30, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
2013 record: 97-65, 1st place in NL Central Manager: Mike Matheny, 3rd season Estimated 2014 payroll: $109 million Key additions: OF Peter Bourjos, IF Jhonny Peralta, IF Mark Ellis Key losses: OF Carlos Beltran, SP Chris Carpenter, IF Rafael Furcal, IF David Freese, RP John Axford, RP Edward Mujica Projected lineup 3B Matt Carpenter CF…
Nov 14, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
One of the great perks — and daunting responsibilities — of serving as a member of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America is the opportunity to vote on MLB’s major postseason awards. The BBWAA annually hands out four awards in each league: MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and Manager of the Year, and…
Sep 21, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
As Jordan Zimmermann was working towards what he hoped would be a no-hitter on Friday night, Nats second baseman Anthony Rendon made several plays to keep it intact. Rendon fielded hard hit balls to both his left and his right, and showed off the arm he used to showcase a lot more at third base…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better
- Nats' Williams shares opinion on MLB's new pace of play rules
- Scherzer faces Wacha in rubber match of series