Jan 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
After leaving the Nats to join the Phillies last season, lefty John Lannan is now headed to another NL East rival. Lannan agreed to a minor league deal with the New York Mets on Saturday with an invitation to spring training. The Long Island native will take a shot at making the Mets roster, and his chances…
Sep 1, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Davey Johnson put it fairly mildly when he described the performance put on by Mets rookie starter Zack Wheeler on Saturday night. “I thought he threw the ball good. He’s good a good arm. Fastball, slider, we didn’t get much against him,” said the Nationals’ august manager. In a division suddenly rife with dynamic young…
Sep 1, 2013, 1:21 AM EDT
Coming off a series opening loss to the New York Mets, the Nats entered Saturday’s game hoping for the consistent Dan Haren they’ve come to know over the last two months. Perhaps the resurgent veteran could be their stopper. Instead Haren imploded early for the second consecutive outing and left his team with what proved…
Aug 31, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
The Nationals didn’t exactly start this series in the ideal way, taking the loss with some questions about Bryce Harper’s effort coming out on Friday night. Today they try to turn the page and get back to their recent winning ways with Dan Haren on the mound. Haren (8-11, 4.66) is coming off his worst…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better