Apr 5, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
The Baseball Show is back for the 2014 season, and this week marked the first episode featuring real games to talk about. Unfortunately a lot of the discussion centered around Wilson Ramos and his recent injury news.
Ramos has dealt with a variety of injuries over the course of his five major league seasons and his broken left hand is just the latest. How will the Nationals fare without Ramos in the lineup? Can Jose Lobaton fill in while he is out?
Here is the video of Mark discussing that subject with Rob Carlin and Brent Harris of Comcast SportsNet:
Mark, Brent and Rob also talked Bryce Harper and how important his health is to the Nationals’ playoff chances:
I also wanted to pass along this clip from CSN last night featuring the Nationals honoring the victims of last year’s Navy Yard shooting. Owner Mark Lerner was there to unveil a commemorative plaque:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort